Sunday, June 21, 2009

Different Perspectives

We went to a little root beer float party at A&Z's school on Friday to celebrate Father's Day, which was really fun. I started chatting with little J's mom. Aidan had started the infant class with J, and it is astounding to think about how Aidan knows most of his friends for essentially his entire life! Anyway, we were talking about kindergarten, and then the subject drifted to real estate. You know, where one lives determines where one goes to school. Turns out, they live in a neighborhood that Hubby and I had looked at various houses a few months ago. J's mom and I talked about a particular house that was on the market, and how I bumped into that realtor later and had found out that house had closed for $1.27 millions, in cash.

Immediately, J's mom said, "There must be something illegal going on there. People don't just have $1.27 million in cash."

It was hilarious! Because, what she said was so fitting with her profession. You see, J's mom is a district attorney! Whereas, as a therapist, my immediate thought is "Man, I wish I have parents with $1.27 million to spare."

Different perspectives. =)

No comments: