First of all, I passed my boards! I am now a REAL doctor, board certified and everything! (I have no idea what that 'everything' is, but don't you think that sounds better?) Hubby is relieved that I will not be leaving him again for days while I 'shop' in some random city.
Secondly, my sister is now MARRIED. The wedding was fabulous, the ring bearer and flower girl were especially delightful. The mother of the said children was BRILLIANT, if I could say that about myself. A few minutes before they were to walk down the aisle, Zoe was clinging on to me for dear life, AIdan was cranky and did not want to hold his pillow steady. God gave me a brilliant idea: Bribe them. I told the children, "It is important to walk down, slowly, while you smile. I will give you a piece of gum, you can chew it, and it is a delicious piece of gum. However, if you are not going to walk, not going to smile, you have to give it back to me. Here." Zoe was beaming. Aidan was so cooperative. He held his pillow steady, Zoe looped the basket through her arm, they linked their arms, and were totally awesome. I would show you a picture of this, but I promised the Phat Photographer that I wouldn't do that, until the bride and groom get to see their own wedding photos. Alas, I digress. It is so strange to say that my little sister is married. We were roomies until I left for college, when she was 10, and I know I had missed a lot of her growing up. She is an incredibly sweet, generous, kind, forgiving, person. Simon is one lucky guy.

Thirdly, our trip to NYC was awesome. So awesome that Hubby and I could not stop talking about moving there. We even picked out a neighborhood- Upper West Side. (We will probably live in a closet there, but you know, a girl can dream.) NYC is a fantastic vacation spot for families with young kids, actually. You wouldn't think the kids would like it, but it is simply so convenient. You can have your laundry done for 75 cents per pound, there is just so much good food all around, the kids love the subways/taxis/buses, and there is so much to do! Aidan and Zoe LOVED going to the Intrepid Museum (who wouldn't love to see an aircraft carrier?!), they enjoyed Toys R US, FAO Schwartz, Central Park Zoo, The Museum of Natural History. The children visited our old apartment, and they loved the firehouse next door. We ate at the Zen Palate, Breeze, Union Square Cafe, our old favorite Chinese take out, and of course, Magnolia Bakery. We were so busy that we didn't even swing over to the East Side at all! It was also great to keep the kids on PST, and we were out late, and had so much fun. Tucked in the children around 11 EST, went to bed ourselves shortly after, than woke up about 10 EST. Hubby and I had not felt so rested in a very, very, long time.
We also loved that we made new friends! It turns out that the pastor who wedded Mr. and Mrs. Tai knows some people that we know! His family is absolutely delightful- and they were encouraging us to move back too! =) Then there is that sweet family Aidan and Zoe started to play with at Central Park- they were visited NYC for work for 3 months. We chatted about this and that, and it turns out, they are Christians too, and are planning to go to Redeemer Presbyterian Church, where Hubby and I went many moons ago! (It is just amazing how God even provides fellowship for us on vacation!)

Finally, we are in process of prayerfully considering going to China THIS October for me to do some teaching there. While it is an inconvenient time, I suspect it is always 'inconvenient' when I am asked to teach anything. Pray for us, that we make a good decision about this, if you would.
I am also going to try to write a bit more. Hold me accountable, will you?
3 comments:
Hey, I'm thinking about going to China in Oct, too! Crashing D's business trip to Japan, and then bopping over to Hong Kong for a few days. (If you can call a $500 flight 'bopping', that is...)
Keep on writing!! I want to put you in my book. :)
I'm glad to hear it all went well!
Congratulations! Let's celebrate!
A&S
Post a Comment