I have a serious case of C.R.S. (I saw this on a bumper sticker yesterday, so I can't exactly take credit.) "Can't Remember Sh*t." Yup, I know, I probably shouldn't write that word, now it is going to turn up in all kinds of sordid places, but you know, it was hilarious when I saw it. It is true, I am about to write about something that I might have written about- does Blogger have a search option? Or is it something I have just thought about writing? Who knows, maybe someone can tell me.
Anyway, I have been thinking about writing a book. A book about my work, about my patients, mostly, about how I think about my patients. The kind of patients I want to write about? People just like me. It will be partly a memoir, (I know, I haven't really lived long enough to write one...) partly a how-to book, and partly entertainment.
What is holding me back? Basically, 3 issues.
1. Would it sell? (And I appreciate comments about this, and so please do leave a comment, or not, because then it would indicate whether people would buy this or not.) Then, do I want it to sell? Remember, the more money you make, the more taxes you owe...
2. Do I actually want to reveal that much about myself? In my work, I strive to be as blank as possible so that I can really work with patients psychodynamically. In some ways, if I reveal all this about me, it will be more difficult to do that work. Of course, I am assuming people would actually read my book, which they may not, after all.
3. Time. It doesn't feel like I have time to write this. I am back to working my usual 30 hours of clinical care every week, thanks to the IRS. The needs of my family, and the desire to take care of my family, all require time. I also, happen to like sleep...
I also realize, though, that if I am serious about this, I need to make it happen, and not wait until I am 80 years old, if I live that long, and wish that I had done something about this, because by then, I will probably suffer from some kind of dementia, and really Can't Remember Sh*t.
Tickets Available For Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse; BHA Receives Grant for Commercial Development
-
As we noted here, the Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse is the recently restored 1 Monroe Place. It will be open starting
Friday, Octo...
1 week ago
1 comment:
I think you should go for it. Don't worry about it selling-- it will! The time factor is a tough one, but maybe you can set aside a few hours a week to start, and increase that as you get going. Good luck; can't wait to read it!
Post a Comment