Friday, June 25, 2010

So Relaxed...

We just came back from a very relaxing trip. It was good.

For years, I have wanted to go to Indian Springs in Calistoga: an Olympic sized spring pool, heated to perfection, lots of lounging, games for children, and intoxicating wine and delicious food all around, what is not too like?

It definitely lived up to my expectations, and then some.

Traveling with A&Z is so much easier now, basically, I am glad that we don't have a third child to content with, so that we can get on the road already. (Of course, I am robbing myself the joy of a newborn baby...) We packed so little, three outfits for each of us, and all our toiletries fit in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Hubby and I were able to load the car and leave without people getting irritable (when I say people, I really only mean me.) It was fabulous.

The drive did take a loooonnng time, mainly because we stopped to shop at the outlets. I got to shop while the kids amused themselves with Hubby.

Upon getting into our room, we made a beeline for the pool, and it was awesome!!! Over our three days there, I went to the pool four times. There was no swimming done at this pool, just sitting and letting the minerals fix my tension, my skin, and I haven't felt this relaxed in a loooonnng time!

We also got to eat some delicious food. A&Z truly loved Bouchon Bakery: we spent over $50 buying soup there. I think the children have a soup problem, but who can blame them? The sweet carrot soup was amazing. We bought out the stock at the bakery and moved onto the restaurant to beg them to let us do take out as they normally do not do take out. We went back the next day and also bought out their stock of potato leek soup. Of course, A&Z loved the macarons there, and I thoroughly enjoyed the pretzel brioche bread: it is truly the making of a genius, a crunchy, slightly salty exterior with the buttery, fluffy inside.

We visited a few wineries, enjoyed the children's cuteness, banished poor behaviors, slept, and rested.

When Hubby has the photos processed, I will post a few here.

No comments: