Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bent Out of Shape

I had been thinking about telling y'all about my new schedule, then I kept reading articles about the brouhaha of Yahoo's new CEO and her fetus. 

It is always more interesting to write about other people, so allow for my tangent, please.

In some comments made by random Jane and Joe, people were questioning the choice and how Yahoo will get a part-time CEO.  I resent the accusation as a working mother, (even though this working mother really does work part-time.)  And that is the important piece: it is understood that she is taking a full time job, and given her reputation, she probably understands that.  Besides, because she is #20 employee at Google, I am sure she is swimming in money, and she can probably hire a few nannies to take care of her baby next door to her CEO office on campus.  Or, here is a thought, maybe her husband/partner/boyfriend (I don't know what she has, the father of the baby) may even want to- hold your breath- share some baby responsibilities.  It takes a village to raise a baby, remember? 

I wish Marissa all the very best.  We don't hold Yahoo stocks and therefore my opinion is completely neutral, in fact, my opinions are always neutral.

You may laugh at this time, that is ok, I understand.

Back on topic.  For the last 10 work days, I have promptly ran out of my office at 2:50, parked my car illegally at the club, and picked up A&Z at 3:00, give or take five minutes.  Then we did all kinds of super fun stuff, like swimming! Grocery shopping! Kumon! Buying theater tickets at the box office! Hair cuts! Good stuff! I have enjoyed them a lot.  Hubby thinks I am much more relaxed.  All is good. 

Here is the thing: I am making choices that work for my family.  You make yours, Marissa will make hers, and we all need to help one another. 

No comments: