Friday, April 3, 2009

Last Post from This Office


Alright, the day is here. Finally. I am packing up my office, returning random phone calls, and getting out of here. I do, however, need to find some time today to make it to Loehmann's sample shoe sale- Hello! Kate Spade size 7 shoes, I am coming! Don't go home with anyone else. Hide yourselves behind other boxes!!! (The sale started yesterday, but I just didn't have time to make it to SF to do this.) However, today is the day!

I suspect, that my blogging will decrease some as I will have less idle time sitting around, waiting for the pharmacy, waiting for patients, and waiting for the sweet release of death, once I leave here. As evidenced by the steady decrease in posts since I cut down my time here. Imagine, increased billable productivity...

As I am in a big transition, life is feeling rather unsettled. To summarize, I will make a list.

1. The house has two big holes.
2. The house needs to be painted, since we have primer patches downstairs and random color testing patches all over.
3. Aidan's placement for kindergarten- we heard from the school district office that he did not 'win the lottery' to go to our neighborhood school, nor the year-round school. He is assigned to go to the lowest scoring, farthest school, in our little city. I AM RATHER UPSET ABOUT THIS. Alas, God is in charge, and He has a plan, and it is really 'just' kindergarten.
4. Zoe's placement in the fall- since I will no longer have this work affiliation to receive a discount at the children's daycare, we are hoping to transfer them to a facility in our little city. However, we are not sure if Zoe has a spot for September yet. ARGHHHH. I AM RATHER ANNOYED ABOUT THIS.
5. Thinking and forming a vision for us is exhausting. Since we are in transition, it has been a time for Hubby and I to think about "What Do We Want?" and "What Would Be Good For the Kingdom of God?" These are very exhausting questions. Do we move? Do we think about private schools? And if we move, where to?
6. Also the practical things of life: I need to buy some life insurance for myself, and Hubby's life insurance with AIG should probably get switched to another carrier. Also, we need to do our will and trust.

Basically, it is overwhelming.

On the plus side,
1. Easter is coming! And we can't wait to see our sweet friends, S&A, and C&V.
2. Hubby's blog won some award. I will post the details as soon as I get them.
3. Aidan is thriving, the child just saw his pediatrician, and he is about 70th percentile for height, weight, and basically, staying on his curve, which is great.
4. Zoe is thriving, she did very well with Dr. B. Also staying on her curve, which has been around 50th percentile. And she is learning more words!
5. Hubby's ginormous new computer arrived yesterday... but that only led me to think #5 on the previous list: We need a bigger house, to accommodate all this stuff... ARGHHHH!

Anyway, I should go pack. Do the next thing.

No comments: