
Hubby and I have been doing some crazy stuff, like buying a house. This crazy stuff started two years ago, shortly after Zoe was born. Actually, let's be honest, it started after Aidan was born. Every time the baby cried, whichever baby, I would mutter, "We need to move!" I somehow developed this delusion that baby rearing would be easier with a bigger house. While possible, probably not likely.
After Aidan was sleep trained, the thought about moving dwindled. Then, Zoe came along. That again, fueled the desire for more space, and possibly, less noise from my bass loving neighbors. I randomly called up a realtor office on a Friday afternoon when clinic was incredibly slow. I got in touch with Sia, we talked, made an appointment. We met, we talked, I saw a couple of houses with her. She referred me to Lynn, a 'debt manager'. I met with Lynn, she looked through our financial papers, and we talked. Then Hubby and I decided that this was just not meant to be.
Then, the financial world went up in flames, and the US government decided to print new money. Hubby and I speculated that inflation will inevitably arrive, and we gotta get more debt for ourselves. To pay off with inflated greenbacks later.
I called Sia and Lynn earlier this year, much earlier this year. We talked. Hubby and I met with Sia and Lynn. I got banned from talking to Lynn (because I would say crazy things that made it all very confusing...) I started stalking various houses, checking Redfin obsessively everyday, met with Sia to tour homes. Then, we started making offers to actually buy a house.
On my birthday, yesterday, I woke up to delightful children, we ate French toast, we packed up the kids to go to the zoo, and just as we were about to leave, Sia came with the papers. We signed offer #4, which really was a remake of offer #3. You see, offer #3 was so low that the sellers didn't talk to us. We signed the papers, then went to the zoo. While I was at a birthday party with Aidan (not my party, but a sweet little girl's party), we heard that they accepted our offer. Shocking, really.
We went back to see the house today. Hubby and I are very happy with it. Aidan is thrilled that the house has an apple tree, a grapefruit tree, and blackberry bushes! Zoe is ecstatic with the swing. Sia came by earlier this evening to go through various disclosures with us, and wow. God really provided for us.
Apparently, after our offer was ratified, another offer came in. Then, two more agents wanted to make offers today. Yikes! Good thing our offer was ratified before it went into a bidding war, something that Hubby and I do not participate in, and really, cannot afford to do.
In retrospect, it was God's providence that I found Sia, so that we worked with Lynn, and that Sia led us to this house.
So, we are looking to close mid September, assuming Hubby and I actually manage to convince a bank to loan us money and come up with the down payment! Then it will be a mad race pack up our stuff and move.
Like I said, best birthday present, ever.
1 comment:
yea! the search is over! now you just gotta figure out how to move everything...haha
Post a Comment