Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is late, Hubby is out hanging out with his brother who is visiting from So Cal, the kids are asleep, and I am enjoying a moment to reflect and plan...

A: Apple crisps- I have started making these tasty treats in the crock pot, they are great for breakfast, dessert, snacks... I use about 6 fuji apples, peeled and sliced, about 4 tbsp butter, cut in the big chunks, about 1 cup oatmeal, about 1 cup flour, some cinnamon, 1/2 cup white sugar, a big lump of brown sugar, 1/2 cup fluids (water or juice). Cook on high, 2-3 hours. It is a loosy goosy recipe, but always turns out great.

B: Babies- after taking a 3 year hiatus from making Thanksgiving from scratch due to being pregnant with a baby, and having a little baby, I made our feast today. It is a milestone, marking the fact that we no longer have a baby in the house, and until grandbabies come along, no more babies here.

C: Crock pots- I am motivated to use my crock pots more, to feed my family better, and to keep my mind more sane at 5 pm. I am thankful that I have counter top space to always have one out!

D: Dancing- watching A&Z do their victory dances make me happy and thankful.

E: Electronic payments- I am thankful for this, because, I am getting paid tomorrow!

F: Friends- I am thankful for our sweet friends who have been so incredibly supportive of us!

G: Garage- I am thankful that our new home comes with lots of storage in our garage. I officially banished Hubby's college/B school textbooks there today.

H: Hubby- I am thankful for him. I am thankful that we met when I was 17, and our 10th anniversary is coming up next year!

I: iPhone- An amazing invention. How did I ever live without it?

J: Jail- I am thankful that God has given me some work through the jail. It really puts things in perspective...

K: Knees- I am thankful that Aidan learned to ride on a two wheeler without scraping his knees.

L: Laughter- I am glad I married someone who has a prominent laughing gene.

The rest of the alphabets will have to wait... I am tired and there is a shopping list to be made for Black Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: