Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Updates


The raccoon babies are crying.

It is actually really sad.

Since my last post, the mother raccoon went into the trap on Sunday night about 9:30. Hubby and I actually heard the trap close, then we went outside with our flashlights and saw the beast. It was sad, actually, even though the mother caused all kinds of trouble at our house, to see it so scared (it had micturated all over the concrete). The raccoon whisperer came the next day, and upon examining her mammary glands, announced that there are two kids inside the house still.

So we waited. And nothing was in the trap yesterday.

I called Steve again, and he said that we simply have to wait, because the kids need to get really hungry, then they will go and look for mommy, and then we will catch the babies one at a time. Steve then said that we will probably hear them cry. I asked him what that will sound like, and he said, "like the sheep in Silence of the Lambs." I hadn't seen the movie in a loooonnng time and frankly, didn't really see it when I last saw it because I was too scared. Further elaboration followed, "Well, like a banshee." Great.

While tucking A&Z in bed, Hubby and I looked at each other, and we both heard the screaming banshees. Not very loud, but very, very, sad.

I just want this to be over! I can't imagine A&Z wondering around town looking for me while starving, and as much as I wrote callously about catching and euthanizing them, I am sad. At the same time, I can't live with them! I can't let them live with A&Z!

On a happier note, look at these pictures of A&Z on vacation, don't you want to go there?



We swung by St. Helena's Music in the Park event, and Zoe found new friends to dance with! =)

1 comment:

Alex Gong said...

oh you did get a whisperer!


awwwh that's so sad, hopefully He will move them out of the house with grace and ease.