Friday, July 30, 2010

Pick Ups

I spend a lot of my life picking up A&Z. It is just the way of life for these two kids, with a working mother. While we live as close to work/school as we possibly can, it is still just a lot of time driving very short distances...

4:29 Pack up my bags, walk to the car.
4:31 Realize I left the cherries in the fridge at work, walk back in to get it.
4:35 In the car, drive the 1.2 mile distance to Zoe's school
4:40 Have Zoe, but she wants to wear the Snow White costume. Put it on her, convince her to keep me company to the bathroom. She twirls down the hall.
4:45 Still twirling, wait for the bathroom, go to the bathroom.
4:53 She is still twirling back to the classroom. Convince her to give up the costume.
4:58 In the car, give her a cracker, call Pizza Hut, order a medium Hawaiian pizza, and another medium of 1/2 cheese, and 1/2 pepperoni. Pizza Hut does not sell water?! Text Hubby to bring water from work. Drive to Aidan's school, which is about 2 miles away.
5:05 Aidan is watching cartoons in Chinese, Zoe wants to watch. I chat with his teachers and practice my Chinese in the process.
5:15 Convince the kids to get in the car, surprisingly, they do. Drive about 2 miles to Pizza Hut. Zoe reports her legs hurt in her knee high boots. Persuade her that she is ok.
5:25 At Pizza Hut, pizzas not ready. Put children on the counter so they can watch gabillions of calories being turned into pizza.
5:45 Have pizza, ask for plates, but apparently, Pizza Hut does not do paper plates. Buckle the children back in the car, drive two blocks to parking lot. Get out of the car, see that I didn't put my reusable groceries bags in the trunk. Aidan holds the picnic blanket and napkins (to use as plates) and water, Zoe holds two jackets. I hold: two pizzas, a container of wet wipes, my purse, bin of cherries, and Zoe's hand.
5:50 See Hubby at the park, find a spot, sit down and realize that I should have brought the children's sunglasses. Oh well.

Sometimes, I simply don't know what to make of my activities.

1 comment:

Minneapolis said...

I like your minute by minute recounting of your day. it's entertaining.