I am sure this is a common problem: People saying you said something, but in reality, why on earth would you ever say that?
Aidan and Zoe do that sometimes, "Mommy, you said we could...etc." Seriously, child, this mother would never say you can play as much iPhone game, watch as much TV, eat as much candy, as you want. This mommy may make you drink until you vomit when you start high school, but that time has not come yet.
For work, sometimes patients say stuff like that, and while I know I never said that, it does still make me feel kind of bad, like I intentionally deceived them or something. There is no point arguing about "I didn't say that. Why would I? That is just not my practice." Nonetheless, I feel like a lame, lame, person.
And now, I probably should go search my ratings on all these physician rating websites. Which, by the way, I think they are WAY lame.
What to know what else is lame? Garbage cans on the street. Our county is switching over to a new system: we are going to have three bins, for recycling (no sorting), garbage, and compost. The cans need to be lined up in a particular way on the street, against the curb. Well, that is fine and dandy, however, can you imagine the traffic by the elementary school on garbage collection days? All the curbs are busy! Full of cans! No where to park! Kids are too young to be dropped off at the circle! Where can we leave the cars?! (Luckily, Hubby drops off on Wednesdays, and that is garbage day, and his car is smaller, so he has better luck, or at least, this isn't really my problem.)
As for the three cans, I have other concerns too. Now that we can mix papers and cans and stuff, which is less work, but do I need to rinse out all the cans? That seems like a big waste of water in our drought prone state. However, if I don't, then the cat food juice will probably get on the papers, and doesn't that ruin paper recyclables? As for the compost, we will be tossing food scrapes and all in it. And I am just waiting for the raccoons to come by, knock over the cans, eat my food, get stronger, and make more babies. I mean, all this food won't be wrapped in plastic, which possibly limits the smell of the food? Or is this really just a theoretical worry of mine?
Possibly, the garbage system I grew up with in Taiwan is the best- because you all know Taiwan is such a clean place... The garbage truck came daily, and it played a very specific song, blasting, really. All the housewives, upon hearing the song, would dash out with their garbage. My working mother usually brought down a grocery bagful of garbage and just leaned it against the front door in the morning. A family of five made just one grocery bagful of garbage a day, really kind of amazing, isn't? We really buy too much and throw away too much here.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment