Monday, December 6, 2010

Quick Dinner

We enjoyed a very delicious dinner tonight. In case you are interested, here is MY recipe.

Heat up a stockpot, add a bit of olive oil, say 1 tbsp.
Chop up one medium onion, stir it a bit to brown.
Get a package of Italian sausage (I prefer the uncooked kind), cut sausages into bit sized pieces directly into the pot with kitchen scissors. Stir that for a bit.
Then, toss in a box of the precut butternut squash, I use the kind from Costco, so it is one pound of squash. Stir that some more. Add 28 ounces of diced tomatoes. Add about 40 ounces of water. And some chicken stock, enough to cover. Simmer that for about 20 minutes. 8 minutes before dinner time, toss in one bag of egg noodles, I think it is 10 ounces. Cook for 6-8 minutes, per package instruction. Sprinkle some parsley and oregano on top.

Yummers!

I can imagine, for you cheese eaters, that if you have some kind of cheese rind, I think parmasan reggiano, toss that in with your stock and let it simmer will probably add more flavor. Since I don't eat cheese, I really have no idea.

Also, I didn't add salt or pepper. I figured canned tomatoes, sausage...etc, all come with plenty of salt, so I skip that.

Enjoy.

No comments: