Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rink, Rink, Rink

I am finding that our weekends are increasingly more and more intense. So much to do! So little time!

This weekend started off with an early pick up for A&Z. For the first time in my life, I used the drive through circle at Aidan's school to pick him up. (Usually, his Chinese school program picks him up. And man, it is way worth the money.) The line for the pick up circle was looonnng. All these parents swarmed the area and waited for their prized children- this really summarizes this generation of children well, they are not allowed to walk home, they are driven everywhere... I had actually planned on finishing my day at 2 pm to make the bell dismissal at 2:35. Alas, a patient called last minute and needed to be seen, so I didn't even leave the office until 2:31. I ran to the parking lot. Drove rather aggressively, and made it to school in time to hear the bell ring. We then picked up Zoe. The early pick up was for a much anticipated ice hockey lesson, but alas, the coach had his wisdom teeth removed and couldn't give the lesson. Instead, Hubby met us to skate with the children.

Then on Saturday, while Zoe went to dance class with me, Hubby took Aidan to play roller hockey with some neighborhood kids. Then the guys went back to the ice rink for some more skating.

While Zoe and I did manage to get some rest, I obviously didn't find my head even with a more rested state of mind: I took the children to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, but the party was really scheduled for Sunday. HEEELLLO!

After church today, Aidan begged to go back to the rink, and Zoe chose skating over shopping with me. (WHAT?!)

Basically, we spent the whole weekend going to the rink. I yearn for the days when I just studied all day in my room.

No comments: