Saturday, April 16, 2011

Without a Schedule

On Friday afternoon, I had drinks with a Dana. We had become friends on FB for over three years, yet never really sat down to talk, even though we share lots of common friends. By drinks, we had flavored water and iced tea. It was great getting to know her, and as we chatted, it was very obvious that my household was, and still is, like an army post. Breakfast is always at 7:45, (at least during the week), and dinner is always at 18:00. Dana asked me what do I do about having dinner at friends' homes, if I make my friends put dinner on the table at 6. Well... Sheepishly, I admitted that we don't share meals with friends often, and when we do, yes, we make our friends eat at 6.

After that, I rushed to pick up the children and got them situated with our favorite sitter. Sean is our favorite sitter, because we have known her since Aidan was 6 months old. Aidan's first picture from school is of Sean feeding him mushed peas! Secondly, Sean does not need a TV to hang out with our kids. In fact, she does not even want to know how to use our TV. I. Love. That. Anyway, after she sat down to eat dinner with A&Z, Hubby and I took off to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary.

For 23 hours, we were completely without a schedule. We ate dinner at 7:30, stayed up well past our bedtime, slept way in, ate breakfast (in bed, no less) at 9, dessert came at 1, and lunch came at 2:30. It was so fun!

Happy Anniversary, Hubby!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I had a good time too, Sergeant Kwok! :)
Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Wow, time goes by so quickly... Al and Ed will be 7 at the end of this month!

Anyway,

Happy anniversary!