I can't believe Aidan is going to be a second grader in just a few weeks. When I left his classroom yesterday, after logging my last hour of volunteering for this academic year, I started to CRY. We have ALL loved Ms. Z. Ms. Z is awesome. First of all, she attended an all-women college. Secondly, she is just about my age, yet has a daughter in high school! Thirdly, she is super organized, resourceful, encouraging, and just awesome. We are going to miss her, although the likelihood of Zoe being her student in three years is actually quite high, so I am not TOO upset.
As for Zoe, she is going to be promoted to the last level of preschool in just a few weeks, and for that, I am grateful and eager. Two reasons, good riddance to her current head teacher, and hello to new head teacher! Teacher M has been lackluster, and Teacher L is basically the best thing since sliced bread. Teacher L is organized, enthusiastic, and fun, all that you want in a preschool teacher. By contrast, teacher M has been resistant, not enthusiastic, and actually, just lazy. (I wonder, if any of my readers actually send their brood to Zoe's school, and I am pretty sure teacher M will remain anonymous.) Zoe's year has been redeemed by her primary (the kids are assigned to a specific teacher in the class, so that they have primary groups). Her primary has been absolutely wonderful. She is loving, kind, organized, enthusiastic, and fun! Moreover, this wonderful teacher will also be transitioning into Zoe's new class, almost as if she is also trying to get away from M. Coinkidink? I think not.
If I have learned anything at all after having A&Z, is that God is in control. God is also their Yahweh. He is going to take care of them so much better than I ever can, and therefore, He is going to be sure that they always have just the right teacher to take care of them, that there will always be someone to meet their needs. ALWAYS. Even with M. While we have been disappointed by M, Zoe thinks M is hilarious. (Hilariously lazy, I think.) She still has gotten something out of trying to figure out a grown up who would give kids snacks on the NAP MATS. NAP MATS, people. Did M not get the memo, that children EAT at the TABLE?!
God is always in control, and it is a good thing, that Z has had M. She now knows that some adults don't make good decisions.
Tickets Available For Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse; BHA Receives Grant for Commercial Development
-
As we noted here, the Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse is the recently restored 1 Monroe Place. It will be open starting
Friday, Octo...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment