We just spent 7 glorious nights being brain washed by Disney Cruise Line.
Did I say glorious? It was possibly the best vacation I have ever had. I take that back, our honeymoon trip was the best ever vacation. These past 7 days though, were probably the best days since Aidan and Zoe were born.
I didn't cook anything, I didn't clean anything, and I didn't even need to discipline any children. (I saw them for meals, swimming, and bedtime. There wasn't time to discipline them!)
Ahhhh..... Hard to imagine that Heaven is going to be better than a Disney Cruise- therefore, I can't wait to see Heaven! (As a side note, as we were about to land on our way home today, I actually did have this thought: If the plane were to explode, I am totally ok with that, I am here with Hubby, Aidan and Zoe, we are happy, delighted, and simply, content. I am ready for Heaven.)
Disney knows how to entertain people. They know what they are doing, and there really is no reason to fight it. We listened to Disney theme songs in the hall way, saw Mickey and Minnie many times, met a few princesses, got their autographs, and just delighted in how unrealistic the experience really was.
The food was great, the portion sizes were humane, and lots of healthy options were available. My particular favorite was the poolside fruit/sandwich/salad stand. We got plates and plates of watermelon and just gobbled them all up. Our servers were gracious, friendly, and amazing. Aidan asked to go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch, just to see them. I, of course, experienced a lot of guilt by having people serve me. Hubby assuaged my guilt by convincing me that they too, were having a good time. (More on the staff later.)
We went with my parents and brother's family. It was great to meet H, my nephew, to hang out with W, my SIL. My parents were well rested, relaxed, and very happy. We just all had so much fun!
Upon re-entry though, Aidan and Zoe left for a math/reading challenge contest, and I dashed off to Costco and unpacking. I had 25 voice mails, and 14 e mails to get back to for work, which was actually much less than I had anticipated.
We are back. Rested. Relaxed. But not so ready to jump back into real life.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Share more with us re. your vacation... Al and Ed really wanted to go...
BTW, pls confirm gathering this Sat. See, you're back to the reality--WORK :P
Post a Comment