I am afraid, dear readers, we have reached a season of life that is just hard.
Tonight, we had the pleasure of hanging out with some dear friends, friends that we "brought" with us from our days in NY. Friends that had known us as newly weds, as new parents, and ironically, we had become the parents of the older kids in the group. As we caught up on the dramas in our lives, I scarcely could remember what it was like to be in their shoes: pregnant with the second child, and wondering how on earth we were going to survive?
I actually do not have a clear idea as to how we managed, but we did manage. That season of our life just seems so incredibly long ago. Although, it really isn't. Zoe is only just about turn five.
The season we are in though, feels hard, oppressive, scary, and overwhelming. Work has been draining, there are days that I want to just close the door, sit on the couch, and use the tissues myself. Hubby is working a lot, not as much as he did when he first got out of business school, but more than the last seven years. Aidan's activities take up a lot of time. The decision as to which activities to participate in also take up A LOT of time, and wisdom, which I am afraid I don't have whole lot of. Ditto for Zoe.
Sometimes, I wonder, why did I expand all that energy to wish and pray for becoming a wife and mother? Surely, life as a single person looks pretty good right now. To not be responsible for anyone else, to do WHATEVER I want to do, WHENEVER I want to do it. All you single people out there, really, Apostle Paul knew what he was talking about.
But alas, this is the season that God has given me. For some reason, I think He knows that I need these people, to make me a better person...
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true!
Life was not designed to be easy.
Happy Easter Kwoks!
Post a Comment