Friday, March 13, 2009

Growing Up So Fast

It is astounding that Aidan is five. FIVE. I cannot believe that it was FIVE years ago that I was trying to get him out of me as soon as possible. It was quite a warm week before he was born, and I remember wearing shorts at 39 weeks- with all that water retention, it was not a pretty sight.

As he is growing up so fast, learning so many new things, embracing new experiences, I appreciate the fact that I am married to a photographer. Whenever the kids are doing something cute and sweet, he runs for the camera and shoots away. Whether it is Zoe vacuuming, Aidan laughing, or the two of them being silly right after bath time, Hubby diligently documents their changes.

In his blog this week, he writes about this picture, and the technical stuff associated with it. I will write about my perspective.




In essence, I see the kids are so cute and sweet, and I am trying to help (by staying out of the way... so that I wouldn't be blocking the last few rays of sunlight.) After two minutes of this, I start to get bored. "Alright, people. Time for bed. Let's go!" That would be my thought. However, knowing that they won't always want to run around in their birthday suits and making each other laugh, I try to bear with it a little longer... then a little longer... and a little longer.

Eventually, though, I find myself saying, "Alright. Are we almost done here? Hubby, are we done yet?"

I am on task to make sure the kids grow- the pulse release of growth hormone is greatest while they sleep. Hubby is on task to make sure the kids have fun growing, and to be sure that when they are grown, we will have more than blurry and foggy memories.

So I shall hang on to the thought of how much I will love these pictures and videos, because, tomorrow, apparently, we are filming the annual video, something about Agents Aidan and Zoe. Pray for me, if you can.

No comments: