Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meat!

Since the arrival of our grill last weekend, Hubby has been grilling very enthusiastically. I bought four ginormous steaks at Costco and a whole fillet of salmon and asked him to grill them tonight for dinner. My FIL dropped by briefly to say hi and he was very impressed by how much meat we had on the grill. Unfortunately, he had a big lunch and did not stay for all that meat. Thus, I now have a lot of meat that we will eat during the week without having to actually cook it.

We had an interesting nap time today.

At 1 pm, Aidan climbed in his bed and declared that he was tired and wanted to sleep in his own bed. (Usually, he doesn't sleep at nap time but uses that as quiet play time in the play room.)
1:15- I tucked Zoe in the crib with her new flower power toddler blanket. And voiced a threat of, "If I hear you two talking, the talker will be punished accordingly."
1:30- Zoe was still talking and thus, I went to demand some silence. She said she was missing her dog. (I can't keep track of all their stuffed animals! Did I ever tell the story of Bianca and Bianco? Maybe another day.)
1:40- ahhh, silence, off to reading and napping I went.
2:20- Aidan went potty, and kept clinking the garbage can. Then he went back to bed.
2:30- Aidan sang, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I went to investigate, and he was totally awake and asking for me while his sweet sister was asleep. WHAT WAS HE THINKING? We had a talk. He went to play, I went back to bed.
2:40- I kept hearing footsteps and at one point, considered poking Hubby to tell him that we might have some intruders, but decided that was rather unlikely and fell asleep again.
3:15- Clank.
3:16- Zoe said, WAH!!!! Apparently, Aidan WENT BACK TO THEIR ROOM to fetch some Lego stickers and the door knob clicked and clanked. And that woke her up.
These two little knobbins!!!! Need I say more? (And I am not sure if Aidan actually napped.)

As for this house, it still needs to be painted and all. I met with a painter who had painted my office to get an estimate. I was very impressed with his skills- he painted STRAIGHT edges without using tape! Anyway, he gave me a quote of $10,000 to make this house 'show room quality.' Clearly, he knew I practice medicine (my name plate at the office) and thought that I would want 'show room quality.' Unfortunately for him, I told him I really just want a passable job. I refrained from using the phrase, "Half ass", but half ass is all I want.

Then Hubby and I started to wonder if we should replace the banister to make it up to code. Let's just say that we are not very good about home remodels, or making decisions, or staying on task...

(I know, I know, there has been a few posts without pictures. Hubby has taken a lot of photos of A&Z eating big pieces of meat and stuff, but they are all in RAW format and need to be 'processed' to get ready. Maybe later this week.) If you really can't wait, go to his blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude. $10,000 to PAINT??? You have GOT to be kidding me. That is totally ridiculous. You have a TOWNHOUSE of which you are only painting the INTERIOR.

Oh my gosh I can't even believe he quoted you that much. We paid $4k to have our house repainted when we moved in.

Let me give you the name of our wonderful handyman who has built a lovely pergola for us, as well as the entire chicken coop.

Jesus Barron. $55/hour for two guys, or $75/hour for three guys. He'll get your house painted in 3 days, max. Look him up in the BMC archives, lots of people have used him.