Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sob Letter

So we are getting back on the saddle in our search of a house. The search is becoming more focused, and I think, more realistic. Clearly, offering people $5 to buy their home is not working out so well.

I am trying a new plan: Sob letters. You think this could do the trick?

Ms. Home Owner,

How are you?

We are so excited to see ### XYZ Street come on to the market, as it is exactly the kind of house that our family can call home. When we toured the home, we were excited about all the memories that we could build there. From growing carrots and pumpkins in the vegetable garden, playing soccer on the lawn, using the attic for hide-and-seek, having friends over, walking to downtown, to eating breakfasts in the nook. Essentially, the house is a fantastic match for our growing family.

As we review the disclosures, we are delighted to discover this home has stayed in your family for all those years- and that will be our plan as well. What a legacy to leave this beautiful home to our children!

We are making our best offer, and hopefully, you will accept it and share with us your memories of this home.

Sincerely,
A&Z's Parents

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We did this. It works. Highly recommended! Why didn't your agent suggest this already?????

Just me said...

It didn't occur to me to do them for bid #2 and #3. I guess I didn't really want those. =)