Sunday, October 4, 2009

Packing

Lord willing, our escrow should close in about 10 days.

Lord willing, we should be able to move in 18 days.

Lord willing.

As we are packing, I can't help but feel like we are making it very easy for someone to come and take our stuff. Things are 'neatly' packed in boxes, labeled clearly, and well, stacked in the garage, ready for a van to whisk them away. Ideal for thieves, wouldn't you say? Therefore, I am paranoid about opening my garage door these days...

They might be disappointed to find that our treasures are simply really old stuff. For instance, our blue laundry basket was purchased the second day of my college career, at the lovely Target in La Verne, California! Truly remarkable that this piece of plastic has made it through at least 2 loads/week x 52 weeks x 15 years= 1560 loads of laundry!

I also have all my glassware from our college days, wine glasses from some fancy dinner, big lager mugs from The Madrigal Feast, champagne glasses from Senior Brunch. Good times, good times. Why am I hanging on to them? I am not entirely sure. It is not like we have a set of 8, and it is also super unlikely that the President of the College would ever dine with us. Still, I am ready to relive the memories of Senior Brunch. =) This would be a good story for another time.

It is tedious, of course, to box things up. As much as Hubby and I are a team, boxing-things-up falls in my domain, except for his photography equipment. This is for several reasons, but mainly, I am faster at it and the poor guy always has more work to do elsewhere.

So I am packin'. And I am bored. So I make pasta from scratch. If only I can grow my own wheat. Perhaps the next house should be in Illinois. Anyway, a fun project and definitely very tasty.



p.s. Of course, the meat sauce is from scratch, except I did not grow my onions, carrots, tomatoes, or celery. I also did not grow my own pig and cow. Maybe another life.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Personally, I think you are quite the stud woman-packing, parenting, and pasta-you go girl!!