Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Christmas Race


I break out our Christmas bins the day after Thanksgiving every year, and then it is off to the Christmas race. Most of December is a blur of shopping, standing in line, wrapping, planning, collecting... It always seemed like a good idea to make home made things for our relatives, until the week of Christmas, when I actually have to do something about it.

When will I smarten up?!

Meanwhile, life goes on, of homework, laundry, food prep, work...

Hubby decided to take the children on an adventure so that I could go to the bank, Trader Joe's, a Chinese grocery store, and a crafts store. We RACED to the train station- the train was coming as Hubby ran to buy tickets, and I dragged Zoe up the ramp, and shoved them in the train. I then went to all four destinations in less than 100 minutes, while they went to SFO, I picked them up at the international terminal, came home, made lunch, served lunch, and then cleaned up lunch.

I went on and on and on with Aidan earlier today, about how much work is involved in the planning, making, serving, and cleaning of meals, of the washing, drying, and folding of laundry. He looked at me and said, "I know, that is what Mommy is suppose to do!" Touche. Indeed, my calling is that: To serve these kids... How I resist that so often! Thankfully, the Prefect One, whose birth we will celebrate in five days, died on the cross for this too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

phew! I'm exhausted imagining that! God has given you an extra measure of energy, and a great perspective I think! Can't wait to see you soon!