Thursday, December 31, 2009

Crazy Talk

I think it is crazy talk that we are wrapping up 2009. It is obscenely crazy to talk about how we are wrapping up the decade.

On one hand, there is so much that I want/need to do; on the other hand, so much has already happened. In the spirit of counting down to the New Year, here is my count down.

10. Hubby and I are married for almost 10 years! (minus 3 months)
9. My ideal bed time, which never happens.
8. Zoe's current shoe size.
7. My current shoe size. 1 full size less than 10 years ago.
6. My parents now have 6 kids: Welcome to the family, Wendy and Simon!
5. 5 loads of laundry per week.
4. 4 orders of shrimp dumplings Aidan can eat at a dim sum lunch.
3. 3 years out of residency. And that many jobs too.
2. 2 very cute kids.
1. 1 adopted cat.

As we rang in 2000, Hubby and I were engaged still, and well, with all the worries over ushering in a new millineum, we had decided that he would simply spend the night at my parents' home instead of driving 26 miles back to his parents' home. My brother was not at home then (where was he, actually?!) and my sister and I spent a quiet evening with my-then-fiance. My parents came home from their church activities and were surprised that he was asleep in my brother's bed because nothing dangerous had actually happened. My mom, in particular, was very worried about "He might wake up in the middle of the night and DO something to you, that HE SHOULD NOT BE DOING." (BTW, my sister and I shared a room!) Thus, she wanted him to just go home! Anyway, back then, I thought life would be perfect if I no longer had my worried parents looking over me.

10 years later, I am now a worried mother. Don't do this, don't do that, stop this, why on earth would you think it is ok to do xyz...

Yup, a lot had happened. Just this week, I am seeing how BIG A&Z have gotten, how they are blossoming, and becoming more and more like us (yes, another reason why I am worried!)

2010 will be exciting, I am sure. There will be more newly acquired skills for the kids (self bathing kids, maybe?!) more chaos, and more joy. I am inspired to have simply one resolution: I am going to read through the Bible cover to cover again. (The last time I was able to do this was when I was in college!) It is time to do this, so that I can experience God all the more! Who wants to do this with me?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks Michelle! It is good to be a part of the family!

I would love to also read the Bible more this year, but for me, I will say that to just read the Bible every single day, is what I need to do. Thank you for the positive challenge!

Here comes 2010, bring it on!

Lots of love and hugs,

Wendy