While I was at Costco today, I made a very exciting purchase: Turbo Tax! The super duper version to accommodate 'home businesses'. It was really quite super duper because there was a $10 coupon. AND, the purchase of such software was also tax deductible. So. Thrilling.
Thus, I am now trying to make sense of the business side of my private practice. Tallying up receipts, expenses, blah, blah, blah. You see, I escaped estimated quarterly taxes because Uncle Sam, was so gracious, that he allows people who are just starting businesses like mine, to not pay estimated quarterly taxes for the first year. The rationale is that if one can't forecast one's income, how can one pay taxes on that?' Or something. Anyway, all that is to say: I haven't paid taxes for all of 2009. Nothing was withheld from me. HA! (Just to avoid a myocardial infarction, Hubby did increase his withholdings.) How this number will come about is mysterious, to say the least.
Now you know what I am doing with my evenings: working on my various Excel spreadsheets. That, and watching Big Love. It is totally awesome. Highly recommend it.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment