Hubby had to photograph an event last night, and I thought I would give myself a night off and eat out- thus, getting the food on the table was easy last night! The kids and I went to Target to get various necessities, and as we unbuckled our seat belts in the parking lot, I thought I would save myself some words later and said, "Children. We. Are. Not. Buying. Toys. Today. Absolutely No. No. Discussion."
Of course, the first thing we saw when we walked in were their delightful collection of branded band aids. They were not toys, after all. Except in Zoe's mind, she uses them like toys. You win some, you lose some- at least they were on sale. I did put my foot down and said they could choose from the ones on sale, but not the full priced ones. We saved 46 cents.
Anyway, we met Hubby at BJ's afterwards, and we had a great meal. The kids really like the kiddie meals there- Aidan always gets the sliders, and Zoe always wants the very, very cheesy mac-n-cheese. (It is interesting, that Zoe loves dairy, and Aidan is much, much more like me that he pretty much shuns dairy. Even though I offered these disgusting tasting things to them all the same.) What we don't like about the place is how loud, noisy, and distracting it is. I can barely hear myself think in there! But I suppose one does not go to BJ's for thinking.
After Aidan devoured his food, he announced that he needed a second burger meal. We offered him to have dessert instead, Zoe wanted a kiddie sundae, and of course, Hubby wanted one. So we got three. Aidan ate his, Zoe was slowing working on hers, and somehow, either Aidan was so distracted by the Germany vs. Sweden Olympic hockey game on all those TVs, or he was distracted by how tasty the sundae was, he just started eating from Zoe's bowl! She, of course, freaked out, "MINE! MY BOWL!" Then he freaked out, "That's mine! It was right in front of me." Then he got sad when he realized he had finished his bowl, but thankfully, Hubby "was full" and no longer "wanted" his bowl of ice cream.
Hubby went off to his photo shoot, and I told these cute kids a tall tale about Strawberry Shortcake helping the Transformers fight off Decepticons. It was a good story.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so sweet of Hubby to give up his sundae. Aidan can really pack it away!
Post a Comment