Hubby is getting old. He doesn't really like it when I say it like that, however, it is a fact. He is getting old. I just can't believe he is getting old.
We met when he was 19. He was a member of the cycling team, and they all wore their cycling clothes to the dining hall after a morning ride for brunch/lunch. Have you seen cycling shorts? They show EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. When we first met, we were just friends- actually, the entire first year we knew each other, I had prosopagnosia. Selectively for him and his roommate. Mind you, they look NOTHING alike, except they both wore cycling shorts. He was so funny to share a meal with, just so very, very, nice. By my second year, I finally figured out the distinguishing features between he and his roommate: He had big, big, glasses. His roommate had much smaller glasses. (Never mind that he also weighed about 50 pounds more than his roommate.)
I was 19 when we started dating, I used to tell him all the time "You are just SO nice." It drove him nutty. But it is a true fact, he is just so nice!
And cute. I had made a mental note, upon seeing the Claremont Cycling Team during the first week of college, that these guys were cute, and I should definitely try to date one before graduation. Who knew I would marry the cutest one?! =) For the record, I always made sure my eyes stayed above the chest area. Never, ever, below the belt area.
Happy Birthday, my cute cyclist, who is so very, very nice. And to me, you will always be 19.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear M, We're not seeing each other 5x/week now. Yet, I feel like you're just talking in front of me when reading your blog.
Simon's b-day also in Oct. He also rides his bike to work sometimes, but, I don't think he has eye-catching thing to wear :P
Anyway, Happy b-day W!
Post a Comment