
It is hard to believe that Hubby and I got married nine years ago. We have got a lot 'accomplished' in those nine years, much more than our wildest dreams as newly weds.
Back in 2000, as we were counting the days until our wedding, we were excited to not have to good-bye after hanging out, and well, you know, get in the sack.
While we had to say various good-byes for Hubby's business trips, or my overnight on-call duties, it has been awesome to have this nine year long date. As for getting in the sack, well, we have made two beautiful babies.
As Hubby was planning this surprise trip, he had to secure a sitter for these adorable babies. All through the 27 hours we were away, it was hard to not talk about these babies. When we got home, figuring out what happened during those 27 hours was a little frustrating and scary. Just how much TV did the sitter let them watch? Why do we own a whole box of Spiderman fruit snacks? And why is there a blueberry stain on the couch!?
Since I am clearly a type A person, I would NEVER, NEVER, let my children have a picnic on the living room floor. However, since Hubby and I were on 'vacation', shouldn't the kids get to have a little picnic on the living room floor? And what is a little blueberry stain on the couch, since there is already a huge green line from Zoe's foray into markers?
While none of these things are all that concerning, it is clear, that we are set on raising our kids a certain way, and we gotta be more descriptive next time.
As for what we actually did, go read about it at the Phat Photographer's blog. I gotta go clean the couch cushions.
3 comments:
Happy anniversary! :)
Congrats! 9 years.... we still have such a looooong way to go :P You guys have been through a lot during those years and are blossoming. And yes, I think Elisabeth Elliott would be proud. I am.
The link on the bottom of the post is incorrect.
Post a Comment