Hubby and I had gotten up at the crack of dawn, sort of got dressed, and made jelly sandwiches for breakfast, then Aidan was up, then Zoe got up. We couldn't find his matching socks for this season and convinced him to wear those old ones from last year, and made it to the field at 7:30. It was great fun catching up with friends, and then, shortly after the ceremony began, lightening struck. The whole day of activities got canceled! We sat in the car for about 20 minutes just to leave the area, and felt the day was woefully ruined!
Then we found out that Zoe's school picnic was canceled due to rain.
For the record, it didn't rain that hard. What is going on with these Californians? It is just a little bit of rain! (Not that I was looking forward to a picnic in the rain, but you know, these kids should get toughened up!) But I guess being struck by lightening would have really sucked...
After a long nap, I offered Hubby a few hours of peace and quiet for him to do some work and took the children for frozen yogurt and an errand. Sadly, these kids are so ENTITLED. After Aidan ate his cup of goodness, he looked sullen, that he simply wanted more. I felt so disappointed. This wasn't the first time he expressed negativity after a treat, and we had already discussed the appropriate attitude and behavior. Namely, thankfulness and showing of appreciation. But no, those weren't in the cards today.
It went further south while we went to the framing shop to get all my important documents framed- board certification (it came today!), diploma, licensure, blah, blah, blah. The kids were not a good reflection of a psychiatrist's offspring, and let's leave it at that.
By the time we got home, I was FUMING. The children were then appropriately disciplined, and Hubby took them out for a long talk. Apparently, Aidan finds a fuming mother very scary- well, that was the point.
When they came home, with flowers (my husband is brilliant), they were appropriately remorseful, and I was ready to forgive them.
What a day.
Thankfully, when they are cute, they are so cute.
2 comments:
Congrats on receiving your board cert!
I *hate* when Micah's a pain in the neck and cranky and pouty after getting a treat. It drives me crazy. Of course, I also think he should be grateful and pleasant for at least a few days afterwards... so maybe part of the problem is me! ha
Post a Comment