Offer #5, the offer that we were most excited about, was made about 2 weeks ago. When I saw the house with my little sister, who happened to be visiting us, I really thought loved it, even though we were in process of writing another offer (which ended up being offer #6.) Hubby and I actually went back that same afternoon and looked at it again. We loved it so much, that we made an offer in the asking price, that evening. I know, I know, we were utilizing the method of "Here is $5, no? Ok." It was not working so well for us. For this house, we switched our strategy.
Anyway, we thought it was a shoo in. But no. We got beat out in the last minute by a pregnant couple. (Yes, I spent the last two weeks speculating which pregnant woman made the offer.) When we heard the news, I cried. I cried, and cried, and cried some more.
Then we went to bed. And moved on. Then we made offer #6, and that didn't work out. We had made house viewing appointments with our agent to see about offer #7, and possibly a remake of offer #3.
Our agent called last night after texting us a message of, "I have news. It is not about offer #6." We were shocked to find out the pregnant couple had backed out during escrow. We could not be more excited.
Now, we are waiting for the sellers to actually sign our offer, and well, start begging for money from various banks. Pack. Run around like chickens, and move.
It is a miracle, because we were so sure it was over. Just like the disciples. While not as good of news as the Ultimate Resurrection when Christ paid for my sins, but still, pretty awesome!
By the way, offer #1 closed a few weeks ago. Offer #2 and #4 (the same house, the one that we backed out...) is still for sale. Offer #3 is still for sale- it is the most gorgeous house I have ever seen. Offer 6 is still for sale too. This market is crazy.
2 comments:
Yeah Michelle!!!! Super exciting how God works things out sometimes-congrats. We will have to come up some time and share in the excitement-thanks again for letting us stay at your place this last time we were up-it is always wonderful to see you =)
WOW! That is some house!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment