Thursday, September 24, 2009

Who Has Time?

There is always so much going on with Aidan's class. We like his teacher, she is down to earth, no fuss, kind of teacher. Her curriculum seems so fun- for instance, they had a Teddy Bear Picnic yesterday, as the kids learned about various species of bears. However, all this requires quite a bit of parent involvement. I go to his class to volunteer once a week- it is not entirely clear if I am of any help, as Aidan is rather clingy when I am there. On the other hand, I have been indoctrinated in the use of the Ellison Machine- it is so cool, I want one for myself!

Today, the kids had a field trip to the local library- because state law now requires adults to be finger printed if they would ever be alone with a minor, other than their own kids, and the hassle of all that, the field trip was a walking trip. There were 10 adults for 22 kids, plus the teacher.

There will be a Fall Festival in a few weeks, again, requiring adults to assist.

When are parents suppose to get their work done?!

Of course, for us, we are trying to pack up the house. All members of the household also need haircuts. These two events are of equal difficulty, in my mind...

Of course, this mother's work load is not helped since she is busy blogging. Gotta go do something, something, what should it be, laundry, cleaning, returning phone calls...

No comments: