Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Best Job, EVER


I really do think I have the best job, EVER.

I have this patient, with a diagnosis that makes it rather...hmm, how do I say this nicely... boring to sit through 45-50 minutes of a therapy session. While I do think therapy would be very helpful for this person to improve her functioning, it is BORING!!! She typically rambles on and on and on for a long while, and I am thinking, lady, get to the point!!! Must stifle that YAWN.

Therefore, today, I decided to do something about this. We practiced relaxing for a while (who else gets to do this?!) and we decided to play games for our next session. GAMES! GAMES!! GAMES!!! I can see it already, we will be sitting criss cross applesauce on the floor, playing a mean game of "The Thinking, Feeling, Talking Game" and the hour would just fly by! She would get better. I would not fall asleep. It will be beautiful.

Seriously. Best. Job. Ever.

1 comment:

slowpoke said...

you are so funny! i especially like the criss cross applesauce. well, i think i need therapy! :) hey, i heard from larry crabb that there was this study done that said it's just as effective to talk to a kind housewife as it is to talk to a psychotherapist. in any case, this game looks v interesting. i think i am inhibited. haha. but truly...