After worship, the children and Hubby went to the park while I went home and lounged around. Lunch was served using our finest china, and A&Z were so gentle with everything, that no water was spilled, and no plates got cracked.
I napped, Hubby napped, and Zoe napped, while Aidan played very quietly in the playroom. Then we went out for a long, leisurely walk. Dinner was at this new Cajun joint I had heard about, and it was lovely. Bath time was a breeze, and I had the best Mother's Day, ever.
Ok. So the above didn't actually happen...
While I had a great Mother's Day, I didn't sleep well at all. Zoe had gotten sick last week and infected me with this awful congestion. I was up sneezing, coughing, with lots of nose blowing. And nope, there was no sleeping in- what was the point, since I was too congested to sleep?
A&Z were their usual selves, full of energy and occasionally without listening ears. Aidan was chided for stealing Zoe's yogurt, and Zoe was timed out for not listening.
Church was fine, there was plenty of parking even though we were late by a few minutes- I guess all the other mothers were sleeping in. They did go to the park afterwards, but I went to Costco, where there was no lounging around- but actually, I rather go to Costco over trying to not get mad at other people's kids at the park ANYDAY. I did make us lunch, using our lovely china and nothing was damaged, thankfully.
Some of us did nap while one of us made loud crashing noises while staging Lego battles. Then we ran around town like mad people trying to go see as many open houses as we could in the span of 40 minutes before open house hours closed. (What is up with such short time frames!?) We tried to go to this Cajun joint, but alas, they were closed. (Apparently, they had a Mother's Day brunch and wasn't gonna be serving dinner. What?!) We got Chinese food instead, where the menu had NO Chinese words on them. (Surprisingly, it was quite good, and not oily and loaded with MSG.) Then we stopped by a gelato place, which was fantastic. Once we got home, Aidan got a haircut, courtesy of Hubby. I bathed Zoe, then Aidan, dressed Zoe, then Aidan, read to Zoe, and finally, tucked them in.
Then I did billing. (So it was self imposed...)
What I have to show for this Mother's Day? Hubby got me a new springy purse, Aidan gave me a new trivet with his hand print and a few special cards with 'treasures' on the submarines he drew, and Zoe made a planter pot (with teeny tiny seedlings already!) covered with little caterpillars made from her thumbprints.
Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all different kinds of moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment