Friday, May 29, 2009

Two Weeks To Go

I am in denial that I will board a plane to go to Denver in two weeks for my oral exam. How did I procrastinate like this? I had purchased some review books last YEAR, and only found them covered in dust this past week. To my credit, I already did one mock oral exam with my former residency director- and he passed me. I will also do another mock oral boards with another former supervisor. Both of them had actually been judges at the REAL boards. So I think I will be set, but still, I gotta be careful to NOT make things up. It befuddles me, how people make things up and then insist that they are absolutely correct. I hope I don't fall into such a trap.

Aidan and Zoe got to enjoy my parents for a whole week recently, and it was great fun. It was fabulous to see my parents jump in and help with A&Z, especially because they got up SO early that by the time A&Z were up, they were dressed and ready to interact with them, and that was precious. Hubby and I also got to go on a few dates. Perfect.

We went to see my brother's lovely bride receive an award of valor. VALOR, people. She bravely saved a stranger's life while on duty with LAPD! When we went shopping, she carried a gun in her purse. So. Cool.

Hubby and I were ecstatic to hear that a space opened up at the year-round school for Aidan: School will start on July 30th! We are so excited for him, for all that he will learn at this school, and the vacation we can take in October. That's right, the chief benefit of year-round schooling is that we will get to go on vacation when everyone else is in school! I can't wait. October would be a perfect time to do cruises, and possibly, a trip to China next year. I can scarcely believe it, I have been invited to LECTURE at BEIJING University next fall! (More on that later, much later, like next fall.)

Tomorrow, the children and Hubby will be at Maker Faire, and I will be reading and memorizing all random kinds of things.

1 comment:

Phat Baby Photographer said...

Can I come on the cruises and trip to China with you?