Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Enough Space for Two


I hear about this constantly at work: People report dissatisfaction with their sex lives, and they typically have this in common- they share their bed with a pet.

Since I didn't grow up with a pet, and I don't plan on living with a pet, ever, perhaps I do not understand the intricacies of pet ownership. But I try. I try to hear from these people and get a sense of how much they LOVE their pets, and thus, they sleep with their pets. However, people, get this: Sharing a bed with your pet inevitably equals to infrequent/unsatisfactory sex.

I imagine it isn't the pet that leads to infrequent sex, and probably, the problems in bed predates the arrival of a new bedmate. However, whatever the sequence, having a pet there certainly seem to put a damper on things.

Of course, perhaps I don't hear about people's happy sex lives (because these people are probably not sitting on my couch) and how they share their bed with a pet. Even veterinarians say to proceed with caution in this area, for different reasons.

I won't even be tempted to talk about bed sharing with children. Nope, not going to go there.

Another interesting tidbit I learned today: Reptiles often develop skin PARASITES and thus they need to see a vet. PARASITES on a SNAKE, people.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Interesting thought, lol! I don't think I could sleep in a bed with a dog, unless it was really little, and fluffy! :P

sarah said...

Parasites on a snake is even worse than Snakes on a Plane. Sheesh. Anyway, I can barely tolerate sharing the bed with hubby some nights--there is no way our dog is going to join the party.