Friday, May 1, 2009

Not Be Slaves Again!


I am putting my iPod into good use these days. A&Z like to request songs, and they are actually quite good about taking turns, and of course, my job is a dream when they request the same songs.

For quite a while, they have been intoxicated by various selections from The High School Musical. Aidan is very curious about what exactly is The High School Musical, and I actually have no idea. We tell him it is about high school kids and their experiences. (Is that actually true?!) He manages to sing along actually, and it is so sweet to hear him sing, "I gotta go my own way."

Zoe is in LOVE with "So Close" from Enchanted. She will yell to let me know, during the interlude, that is the time when the two people are dancing. She also like the cleaning song, and of course, "Ever ever after."

Recently, they are also infatuated with selections from Les Miserables. Aidan went through this phase already about 2 years ago, and this time around, he is asking what the words mean. He wants to know, who are the slaves, and what exactly is freedom. (I didn't really want him to request to have full freedom at this point, and in some ways, my explanation of what slaves are can mirror his life. You know, slaves are people who don't get to choose what they want to do- such as, AIDAN! GET OVER HERE AND WIPE YOUR FACE! Or, slaves don't get paid- AIDAN! Come and put your clothes away, and no, you are not getting paid for this.) Anyway, I try to change the topic quickly.

However, I do want them to be with familiar with the music, because when we go to NYC in the summer, I want to take them to see Les Miserables. It IS still playing in NYC, right? I better check.

No comments: