Monday, August 25, 2008

FUN!

In lieu of going to Sonoma for some NASCAR, we stayed home for AYSO! It was opening day, and Aidan was SO excited! He and Hubby made it to the 7:30 AM Opening Ceremony- it was such a big deal that the mayor was in attendance! We all went to his 10 AM practice and the game! It was really great to see him run after the ball, and STAY on the ball. Aidan has definitely inherited some soccer-loving genes from both of his grandfathers. Zoe enjoyed snack time there, as well as trying out a new playground.

On Sunday, while Hubby stayed home to do work as Zoe napped, I took Aidan to hear a free concert- my attempt to get him excited about playing an instrument. He enjoyed it, and we even managed to stay until almost the end. He got restless, and I started to look around at all the people that will want to pull out of the parking lot, so we took off during the final movement of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony. I know, SHAME. But I am like that- I get antsy toward the end, and I worry about having to wait to make my escape. Fortunately for us, we heard the last movement as we walked out.

It would be AWESOME if Aidan asks to take piano lessons (delusional thinking?!) and that he would WANT to continue for a few years, before picking up some other instrument, like the tuba. We will see. Meanwhile, I loved spending some 1:1 time with him.

No comments: