This presidential race has been very exciting. Just as one thinks there could be no surprises (for instance, last fall, I thought for sure Clinton was going to get the nomination and win the general election), there are always surprises.
Since we don't watch TV, all my political information comes from The Wall Street Journal, which I think, has a slight conservative bend to its op-ed page, although, I do think it is impartial in its reporting. Anyway, recently, most of the op-ed articles has been about the weaknesses of the Obama-Biden ticket. For instance, I keep reading about how no one knows for sure what Obama's plans are. That he is rather vague about how he will change things. As for Biden's strength in foreign policy, that has been evluated also. Apparently, as of two years ago, Biden had a plan to divvy up Iraq according to tribes, which in the last two years had been proven to be not workable and faulty. As much as the Obama-Biden team tries to not address this, the omission is not lost on the astute op-ed people. (I really have no opinions of my own so far, I am simply getting other people's opinions...)
As for McCain picking Palin. Wow! Clinton must be so peeved. Perhaps the Clintons really want to see Obama lose so that she can run again in 4 years, (I mean, in 8 years, she is going to be o.l.d., although not as old as McCain!) but to have the possibility of a woman as a VP, who could possibly run in 4 years if McCain ends up only going in for 1 term. That would be yet another exciting race to watch. I have heard that Palin has about 90% approval rating in Alaska! Yes, there aren't that many residents in Alaska, but 90%! That is like the opposite of Bush. Wow.
Meanwhile, I would like to report on the Presidential Race in our household.
Aidan would like to run for president. He has picked Zoe as his running mate. These are their positions on hot button issues.
Foreign Policy: My mother keeps talking about this place called China, and how it is important to speak Chinese because there are so many people there. We do not care about China, or about speaking Chinese. Our policy is to speak English exclusively. Maybe when we are old enough, we will travel to China to eat yummy food, but for now. ENGLISH!!!
Economy: The interest rate is way too low. 10% compounding interest rate is for babies! We demand a matching interest scheme. If we have $5, the Central Bank owes us $5 more!
Immigration: We want another sibling. We should fill the backseat full of carseats. ONE MORE BABY! ONE MORE BABY!! ONE MORE BABY!!!
Labor: We are very good at helping. We set the table, we clear the table, we put laundry away. We should get more in compensation. $2 for a week worth of laundry!
Vote for US! We will make your world a better place!!!
Tickets Available For Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse; BHA Receives Grant for Commercial Development
-
As we noted here, the Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse is the recently restored 1 Monroe Place. It will be open starting
Friday, Octo...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment