A&Z's school is closed for three days in anticipation of a new academic year. Every year, we say we should have booked a vacation for those days, and every year, we find ourselves at home, with no place to go. I had made plans for this year, booked a hotel and everything, but canceled it all when we decided to go to Sonoma for NASCAR, but then we canceled that too. So, we are here.
Aidan's friend, Maria-Luisa, needed some supervision this morning as both her mom and dad couldn't get out of work. Hubby still needed to go to work, so it was me, with three kids. Since I am a very task oriented person, I made plans to fix my windshield (which had a crack and had been extending its ugly streak...) Anyway, my plan was to have ML here by 8:30, we would relax for a little bit, get in the car at 9:10, get to the dealer at 9:30. Walk over to a please-rip-me-off-children's-hair-salon for haircuts for both A&Z. Then walk to park/library/whatever, and Hubby would pick us up, for lunch at home by 11:30.
Everything was accomplished. We ended up getting some sushi for lunch, and it was actually fun. I did run out of words though, and when Zoe was taking her 3 hour nap, and Aidan was relaxing on his bed, I fell asleep, for 1.5 hours! My kids have this surprising ability to stay in their beds, quietly, for long periods. I love that!
After Zoe got up, we went swimming, and I met this mother who has FIVE kids. Only four were with her, the age range was 1.5 to 8. Wow.
Anyway, Hubby thought to have 3 kids would be super fun. I, on the other hand, firmly believe my limit is 2. Besides, we named them like bookends, A through Z, we are done! (Unless God has different plans...)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment