Friday, August 22, 2008

Need Longer Arms...

This evening, as I was helping the children with bath time, Aidan and I were chatting. I started to get his shirt, off, then his pants, and underwear. What I found, was a big, brown, surprise. Apparently, Aidan had gone poopie at school, and 'wiped' himself, pulled up his pants, and used his underwear as the true wipe. Hubby was with Zoe, and as I showed him the underwear, we just had to laugh, because it was so ridiculous.
It was time for Aidan to take a wiping lesson. As I observed him, I realized, it wasn't his fault at all! His arms simply weren't long enough to reach properly. One of the reasons that babies are so cute is that they are totally out of proportion. Really big head, short arms, long torso, almost no legs. Aidan's arms are catching up, but clearly, reaching behind is still difficult. That child needs longer arms.
I am hoping that his longer arms will get here in time for kindergarten...

1 comment:

Monica said...

haha oh aidan - wipee wipee!