Thursday, December 11, 2008

Authenticity

I struggle with the issue of authenticity frequently. As a blogger, I know my posts would be more interesting, if I revealed more about the drama of my life. However, these posts could also be hediously monotonous if I recounted every bit of my life. Where do I draw the line?

As Christians, we are called to live authentic lives. That my life ought to be a reflection of God's grace and mercy. One way for people to see who God is, is to see how He continuously and faithfully changes me. It becomes difficult, however, because the true me isn't very picturesque. I can be harsh, rude, impatient, whiny, and yup, essentially, act like the young children I write about frequently. Still, I am assured that because Jesus has been the Perfect Parent/Spouse/Whatever-Role-I-Am-Filling-In-At-The-Moment, I do not have to be perfect.

Life, actually, is more fruitful and awesome when I allow God to work in me instead of pretending to be perfect.

How does that translate to blogging?

For this next few weeks, I am going to reflect on the miracle of my God: who came to be in the midst of those He so loves! I am also going to try to write about my life in a way that would point to Him.

No comments: