I love going to parties at other people's houses.
1. I don't have to make anything. We bring something with us, after all, we don't want to be rude. But a bottle of wine is easy to get these days. BTW, the last time I bought wine, I didn't even get carded. Dude, I am getting old.
2. I don't have to clean up. We went to lovely ML's house over the weekend. She and Aidan have been buddies since they were about 8 weeks old! ML's parents are very generous and kind, and every year, they have a huge Christmas party. We love the assorted food they serve, and unfortunately, it always looks like a lot of cleaning up would be required. But hey, not my problem!
3. A&Z are now old enough that we can actually talk to our friends, and make new friends! Still, it is hard for them to get food themselves, since a lot of big people usually hover the table and these little people have a hard time getting in there. But still, I no longer have to keep a crawling baby away from fragile items, like the tree.
So, I am on the prowl, to get us invited to more parties. There is one next Friday, but we will have a sitter for that so there would be even more partying for us. Then there are these parties with our relatives, I need to get them to invite us... That is going to my project for the next couple of weeks!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment