Thursday, December 18, 2008

Obviously

I am not stressed at the moment, as I have made peace with the fact that it is going to be quite busy these next few weeks. My calmness came to me in the midst of a session with a therapy patient. It was so OBVIOUS!

Just say no.

I am saying no thanks to cookie making- seriously, who needs more fat and calories?
I am saying no thanks to challah making- my relatives can go buy themselves bread.
I am saying no to more patients- the schedule is now closed for next week. You wanna an appointment? New Year's Eve, that is still open. (Until next week, when I decide that is foolish and close the schedule again.)

I want to do it all, but the price of insanity, crankiness, and irritability just would not be worth it! Instead, Hubby and I will curl up, watch a movie, take a nap, or just look at our beautiful tree, and ponder the ultimate gift of Jesus Christ.

No comments: