It is cold out here in sunny California. The clouds are here, the rain drops are visiting. The kids are upstairs and relatively quiet, doing something with Hubby, so it is much better to stay down here and write about my random thoughts.
Along the line of our cabinet-less existence, we are also humidifier-less. I tossed out our warm mist humidifier a couple of months ago, because, it was absolutely disgusting inside and it seemed impossible to properly clean it. The cold mist humidifier is in the garage, and I don't want to use it again either, since it smelled funky last time we used it. I even made an inquiry to my Mother's Club, a club full of women either very knowledgeable or with too much time on their hands. Anyway, with all the recommendations I received, I still could not make up my mind about this. You see, I want a humidifier that won't turn my house into a rain forest, one that won't need filters, one that won't grow germs/fungus/grody stuff inside. Oh, and preferably less than $100. (Seriously, there are models out there for $400!) So far, I am totally out of luck. We could go the other route and buy a cheapie warm mist humidifier each winter and thus, forgo the issue of cleanliness. But that is just very un-green. Any thoughts on this?
Another item that I am at a loss about: a Christmas present for my father-in-law. What do you get for a man in his 60's, who has everything he needs, who doesn't need more stuff, and who does so much for you everyday? My FIL brings us buns, takes the kids to school two times a week, babysits if he is able, gives Aidan free Kumon lessons, and most of all, raised such an awesome man for me to marry? We are thinking an Elephant Bar gift card, or cleaning services, if we can't come up with something more interesting. Any thoughts on this?
Finally, over lunch I noticed the ridiculousness of feeding a toddler and a preschooler. We had wonton soup, very yummy, and very HOT. Therefore, there were two plates that served as 'cooling stations'. Yet we still couldn't keep up... And there were just SO many dishes to clean afterwards. Thank God for our dishwasher.
Well, I should go and check on my very quiet family. Then I am going to sit down and prepare my lecture to the residents about 'career development.' Too bad my own career is still being developed. Can we say, fraud?
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dads and in-laws are hard to shop for! My dad loves gifts, but doesn't need anything. Seriously, how much fishing stuff can one man use? I have resorted to gift cards and he loves to shop at Wal Mart. :-)
what about a gift certificate to a spa to get a massage? If he is someone that gives so much of himself, it seems that an appropriate gift would be something that signifies relaxation :)
I sort of shudder to think of my FIL in the nude, getting a massage... While I have done nothing for him, this relaxation gift would be totally awesome for me!
Post a Comment