
As for my new stress...
Our flight to LA is departing in 36 hours, no one is packed, and there is so much to do in between. On my to do list:
1. Hubby needs to get better. Whatever I had got passed onto Hubby... The kids have been having runny noses and I am wondering if they are on their way up or is this still the prodrome.
2. Pack. My mom called me while she was at O'Hare- they needed to get to the wedding earlier to meet my brother's future in-laws. Anyway, she said, "I am bringing lots of goodies for your kids, be sure you have space!" Awesome. I really love lugging stuff around... Ok, seriously, I can't wait to see what my parents are bringing for A&Z, I just could go without the whole packing thing. Not to mention, somehow, I have all these gifts for people that we will see, and it just really adds up. Thankfully, the wedding gift got shipped long, long, time ago.
(BTW, Aidan made his packing list:
1. Star Wars cards {he got really concerned that I kept saying the letters A and R, he thought I was misspelling it all!}
2. Hippo.
3. Wallet.)
3. Work... Tomorrow is another very full day at my private practice. As much as I love the work, it is still work, and it is still a new thing for me, to take on all these new patients, and it can be a little stressful.
On the flip side of the coin, my biggest accomplishment of the day was this:
I told my supervisor at my salaried position that I am cutting down my hours. I think, he knows the inevitable is coming, that I am going to be quitting sometime in 2009. While I didn't explicitly say so, I did tell him that I am just too stressed and I have been sick way too much, and getting to work by 8 and not leaving until 5 really crimps my style- how do full time working moms do this? Therefore, I will only work 8 to 5 on Fridays (for coverage reasons) and then two more days of 9-4, with an hour for lunch. I tried this work through lunch business, and it got old...
Well, I better get crackin' with that packin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment