Friday, May 22, 2009

Bible Study


Aidan asked to sing during dinner tonight, and Hubby and I decided that it would be awesome to have a little Bible Study after bath time and that we would incorporate some singing.

Well, forget your typical Bible study structure.

We, the adults, sang El Shaddai and Shout to the Lord, while the children jumped on the air mattress that my parents have been sleeping on in the play room. Then a pillow fight ensued.

We moved on to the Scripture portion, and as I read the story of how Jesus loved little children and told his disciples to let children come to him, Aidan and Zoe were reading Star Wars.

We moved on to sharing. Aidan ran to his room and grabbed two stuffed animals to share. Hubby stated that what had been weighing heavily on his mind was that he wanted to know what happened to his life.

Then we tried to pray while A&Z were trying to sit on top of each other. I yelled, "SIT DOWN! WE ARE TRYING TO PRAY." They listened and looked kinda shocked- I couldn't blame them, shouting would not be part of a normal Bible study. Then Hubby and I could not stop giggling. Then A&Z were laughing, and then Aidan was crying.

We finally did pray for everyone to get some good sleep.

And that was our Bible study.

I think I should write a book about family Bible studies.

(BTW, my parents are actually at a real Bible study and thus did not participate in the jumping of the mattress kinda of Bible study.)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

that is so awesome! sounds like a great Bible study to me! =0)

Big hugs,

Wendy

emilymr said...

HA that sounds like our evening devotions, also. Well, 'devotions' is a bit of a stretch -- our evening prayers. I pray, and there's usually more yelling at Micah to stop being rude to God than there is actual praying.

Why yes, that would be SPIRITUALIZED emotional blackmail. How nice, eh??

Andrea said...

I love your bible study. I prey with my oldest (2 1/2) every night. I let him decide who to prey for, he likes to prey for things like his stuffed animals, the pictures on his walls. It's a start.