To be thankful- what a concept, one that I don't fully appreciate.
There has been a few insight blogs about this subject recently, and here is one. Often times, Hubby and I talk about how vanilla our life is: That we are married, two healthy kids, employed, being able to pay for our mortgage...etc. That it is easy to take everything for granted.
So I am thankful that today is Thanksgiving, and I am particularly reminded to be thankful.
I am thankful to be me. With my Hubby, my two young kids, and somethings, being with these Biological-Insert-Their-Last-Name can be challenging. But I am thankful to be IN the circumstance that God has given me, even if it means daily laundry, wiping c.r.a.p. off people's bottoms, and other kinds of c.r.a.p. off the kitchen floor.
I am thankful for Hubby- He makes it easy to submit and show him respect. (To be truthful here, I will have to add, usually.)
I am thankful for Aidan and Zoe's health. For their relationship with us, with each other, and their Heavenly Father.
I am thankful for my job. For all the patients God has given me to care for, even the guy who called me and said, "Hey Doctor! Guess who? You will never guess? I will give you a hint..." I am also thankful for the settings of my job.
I am thankful that I am not responsible for the feast tonight so that we could go to the zoo!
I am thankful that the zoo wore A&Z out and they are both asleep.
I am thankful that tomorrow is Black Friday and Hubby will stay home to sleep in so that I could run out and find a cool something or two for everyone here.
Seriously though, I am thankful for Christ, who died on the cross, for ME. For Hubby, for Aidan, for Zoe, for YOU.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment