There is one thing I really do not like to do professionally. Schedule shuffling. I despise it. It just pains me so.
I would call the patient.
"Hello! This is Dr. Me, how are you? I am calling because I need to move our appointment. Something came up, and I won't be able to see you insert-a-day. Would you be able to come insert-another-day? That would be great. Thank you. See you then."
I don't like to do this because I sound, well, not well organized. If a patient is paying me money for my professional services, I owe it to them to be organized.
But alas, life happens.
Children get ill, children have field trips, and very rarely, I need a day of rest.
What is worse than the above conversation?
When the children stay ill for a long time, and I have to reschedule the rescheduled appointment.
"Hi! This is Dr. Me, how are you? I am calling because, well, I still won't be able to meet with you insert-today. I apologize. Will you be able to come insert-Tuesday -of-Never?"
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment