First of all, I have had lots of opportunities to process the loss of a patient since this blog took a break, and many thanks to my supportive family, friends, and colleagues. I suppose I sound like a wimp, I mean, as a physician, I ought to be able to handle losses like a pro, but alas, for the most part, I like my patients, and when they die, it is sad, and will always be sad. I will always remember them and their stories.
But that will be for another day.
This evening, we had a lovely dinner with some friends from NYC. Good times, good times.
They told me that I am a HENRY, and HELLO! I am HENRY, nice to meet you!
This acronym stems from an article in Fortune, meaning High Earners, Not Rich Yet.
I wanted to cut and paste the article, but it was just too long.
Basically, we are not rich, and while Hubby and I have graduate degrees that ought to make us 'comfortable', I think and contemplate our finances often. These days, mainly the uncertainty of how much more taxes we are going to pay. I mean, I am happy that Mr. Obama got elected, American is moving in a new direction, and hopefully, better direction. In Peggy Noonan's words this weekend via the Wall Street Journal: The Children are Watching, and it is a good thing!
However, what will this mean to us? I don't want to be punished for having a good job, you know? There will come a day, when one of us will quit, just so that our children can get free tuition in college, we will pay less taxes, and even though, we will have less money, I will have more time for bread making, and time for napping too. I hope President Elect Obama is keeping this in mind: that in my generation, we are not so into working as hard as we can (unlike the baby boomers), we want a work-life balance. And, if the financial allure of working is growing dull due to taxes, it is very likely that we just won't show up to work! And how is that going to help America to advance?
Tickets Available For Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse; BHA Receives Grant for Commercial Development
-
As we noted here, the Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse is the recently restored 1 Monroe Place. It will be open starting
Friday, Octo...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment