This morning, I woke up at 3:41, and felt that my left lower lip was very swollen. Upon inspection in the bathroom, my left lower face was totally swollen but there were no other weakness. What happened?
My differential:
1. My left lower face was allergic to all the medications I had been taking for this nasty cold, although one would think that such allergic reaction would have been noticed on the first day I took all those decongestants, cough suppressants...etc.
2. My cranial nerve number 7 or 5 had gone crazy. The facial innervation is very complicated... Did I get an upper motor neuron injury and thus only the lower face and left face was affected? But is a swollen face a deficit of motor or sensory or neither? Beats me. My CN are probably totally fine.
3. Somebody punched me. Since I was in bed since 10:30, the only person that had been there all that time was Hubby. Did he punch me? If he did, why didn't I wake up?
4. Did I get punched while trick or treating at the mall and didn't even notice due to the surge in blood sugar? We had gone with some friends to the mall, and believe me, (for someone who had spent a lot of time at the mall), I had never been to such a crowded mall! BTW, mall shops, in general, do not give out very good candy.
5. Did Aidan butt my face with his head and I didn't notice? Did Zoe butt my face with her head and I didn't notice?
6. Was I so hungry while asleep that I took a big bite off of my own face?
Anyway, the swelling had steadily decreased through the day. Just weird.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment