Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bad Sleep Hygiene


I spend a lot of time talking to patients about sleep hygiene- no TV/computer for at least an hour before bed time, definitely no TV watching in bed, no caffeine after 2 pm...etc. There is now another thing to add to the list: Do not review for oral boards in bed.

After accomplishing much for my household yesterday, and not nearly as much for 'education', I decided I would really get down to business. Down to business I did get, and horror was what I got.

The entire book of Boarding Time (seriously! The book is titled Boarding Time!) was one nightmare scenario after another of under-prepared candidates, missing the bus (I didn't know candidates get bussed around?!) and basically, failing miserably.

I. Am. Scared. I couldn't fall asleep, then when I finally did fall asleep, I woke up thinking I gotta get to studying or else it would be a waste of $1800 for registration, and probably another $1000 for traveling/baby sitting/losing my mind. Yikes.

The exam is about 3 months away, and there will no longer be studying for boards before bed. I need my sleep.

No comments: